This recipe makes an excellent gift for coworkers or an add-on to presents for family. Easy to make in large quantities and store in the refrigerator or freezer for a long time. Great to have on hand when unexpected guests stop in for a visit!
- 1/2 bag mini pretzel twists
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Arrange pretzels evenly over the bottom making certain not to overlap. Set aside.
- Melt butter and sugar in a medium sauce pan on medium heat. Bring to a boil, and stir continuously until mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan and forms a smooth caramel. Let it bubble and get nice and thick.
- Pour the caramel evenly over the pretzels.
- Place jelly roll sheet in oven for 5 minutes, remove.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, and place back into the oven for 1 more minute.
- Spread the chocolate around with a spatula until it is mostly melted, then sprinkle generously with sea salt. Let the pan sit on countertop for about 5 minutes, and then place in the freezer to harden for at least two hours.
- Break bark into pieces with your hands.
*This is best stored in an air-tight bag in the freezer