Edit embedded media in the Files Tab and re-insert as needed.
This is a fun, quick recipe to make with kids, and easily accommodate allergies and other food/ dietary restrictions. Coming up with new flavor combinations is also fun to play with. They display beautifully on platters and are a favorite next to other desserts such as cookies and pies, or hot coffee, or other holiday beverages. Most folks want to try at least one piece!
Choose your fillings (2-4):
- Candy bars
- Mini Marshmallows
- Candy Canes
- Dried Fruit
- Pretzels Shelled
- Roasted, Salted Nuts
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips
- Almond bark
- White Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Choose your Holiday flavor combinations from each category (Examples: Red & Green - Cranberry and Pistachio Bark, dried cranberries, salted roasted pistachios, dark chocolate and white chocolate drizzle Peppermint Lane- Candy Canes, white chocolate chips and semi-sweet melt Two Turtle Doves - Rolos, Ritz and Pecans Naughty & Nice - Pretzels, Peanut Butter Cups, and semisweet melt)
- Place wax paper down in a large baking sheet
- Lay out 2/3 of your ingredients choices (except the melt and drizzle) from above on the baking sheet, creating a spread out, well-assorted mix.
- Use a double boil method or microwave to melt your Melt selection with 2 tbsp of butter. Pour carefully over the assorted mix, getting it even, no empty spots, and not too thick. Too thick will make it hard to break up later.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/3 of selections on top, being more intentional about even placement and display. Place sheet in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to begin setting.
- Melt your drizzle selection with 2 tbsp of butter. Drizzle over entire sheet, to desired effect. Place sheet in refrigerator to complete setting. 4 hours or overnight.
- Pull out sheets of bark and begin to break up into desired size pieces. Place in serving dishes, tins, or cellophane bags for sharing. Include a gift tag with the name and ingredients for your guests/recipients.