This is part of my 2021 Christmas Eve Dinner, a gourmet feast I have made every year since 2010 (except 2020). I started this tradition with my wife and in-laws, and it has grown to include my children and my parents when they moved to be closer to me in 2016. This year's feast will feature Yorkshire Pudding, a traditional part of an English Sunday roast.
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup/165 grams whole milk
- ¾ cup/115 grams all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon/5 grams kosher salt
- 1/4 cup rendered beef or pork fat
- olive oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour and salt. Do not overmix.
- Allow the batter to rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add a teaspoon of fat to each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin and transfer to the oven to heat, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once hot, divide batter equally to fill the cups about halfway, and return the muffin tin to oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the puddings are golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately