The Professional Opportunities for Student Workforce to Experience Research (HS-POWER) Program is offering undergraduate and graduate students hands-on experiences with federal facilities and other HS-STEM focused international partners in both Washington, D.C, and Ottawa, Canada.
The HS-Power Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of University Programs is open to students majoring in a broad spectrum of homeland security related science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines as well as DHS mission-relevant research areas.
· Stipend: Undergraduate students receive of $600 per week and graduate students will receive $700 per week.
· Travel: Travel reimbursement for inbound and outbound expenses for participants to travel to Washington, DC and Ottawa, Canada
· Housing Allowance: reimbursement for housing expenses and assistance with housing arrangements will be provided.
Appointments will be for 10 consecutive weeks. The following schedule is an approximation of the timeframe
- 1-2 weeks in Washington, D.C, with DHS and ORISE personnel as an orientation to the project.
- 7 weeks in Ottawa, Canada with DHS personnel assigned to locations in Ottawa.
- 1 week final debrief and final project presentation in Washington, D.C.
· Interns will be assigned to research projects and/or other technical activities under the guidance of a mentor.
· An appointment involves a full-time commitment based on 40 hours per week.
· HS-POWER participants are required to have health insurance coverage during the appointment period and to provide proof of this coverage prior to the start of the appointment.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Only
- Degree: Currently pursuing an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or Doctoral Degree.
- Overall GPA: 3.00
- Communications and Graphics Design (2 )
- Computer, Information, and Data Sciences (17 )
- Earth and Geosciences (21 )
- Engineering (27 )
- Environmental and Marine Sciences (14 )
- Life Health and Medical Sciences (48 )
- Mathematics and Statistics (11 )
- Other Physical Sciences (12 )
- Other S&E-Related (2 )
- Physics (16 )
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (28 )
- Age: Must be 18 years of age
For more information, including application details, visit https://zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DHS-POWER-2022-International
If you have any questions please contact Cedricka Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.