The NSF REU Program in Medical Informatics (MedIX) at DePaul University and University of Chicago is looking for bright undergraduate students to get involved in research in the area of Medical Informatics for the summer of 2022. Participants will receive a stipend of $6,000 and subsistence allowance.
• March 4, 2022: Application submission deadline
• March 25, 2022: Notification of decision
• March 31, 2022: Confirmation of participation
• June 13, 2022: MedIX Program Orientation
• August 19, 2022: MedIX Program last day
Statistics on the previous REU MedIX Program (2005-2021):
• 85% students had at least one research publication
• 102 publications (13 journal papers, 77 conference papers, 12 extended abstracts)
• 25% of students are in, or have finished, PhD programs; all received support
• 18% of student participants have finished masters’ programs
• 21% of student are in, or have finished, medical degrees; of those, six are active in research.
The program flyer is attached. For the application form and additional information, please visit the MedIX website by clicking HERE or contact Dr. Daniela Raicu at firstname.lastname@example.org