The worldwide COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread, as well as the uncertainty and uneasiness that come with such rapidly changing circumstances and limited information. To help protect yourself and support your important work with children and families in Illinois, EITP has pulled together the following information and resources about COVID-19, which is also known as "Coronavirus":
Illinois EI COVID-19 Related Updates
- Visit IDPH for latest count of confirmed cases and "preliminary positive" cases. (A preliminary positive is a test that comes back positive at the Public Health Laboratory and is pending confirmation at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lab).
- Factsheets on COVID-19 from the CDC: Explore these factsheets which are available in an easy to understand, visual format to help you and/or families learn more. Most are available in English, Spanish and Simplified Chinese.
Easy Actions to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with people who appear sick
- Stay at home if you or a family member is sick
- Clean frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs and handrails
- Ask simple, fact-finding questions to ALL families regarding recent travel to affected areas or interactions with anyone who traveled to affected areas
- Share resources or factsheets listed above with families wanting to learn more about COVID-19