The worldwide COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread, as well as the uncertainty and uneasiness that come with such rapidly changing circumstances and limited information. To help protect yourself and support your important work with children and families in Illinois, EITP has pulled together the following information and resources about COVID-19, which is also known as "Coronavirus". Newly added resources are highlighted, and key resources are in bold.
Illinois EI COVID-19 Related Resources
Latest Updates from IDPH
Latest Updates from IDHS
For the complete list of updates, please visit IDHS Updates related to COVID-19
Resources from EITP
Updates from Illinois EI Partners
The Facts on COVID-19
- COVID-19 resource page from ECTA - provides state Part C and Part B programs with the latest information on funding and guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Self-Care and Mental Health Resources
- Working with Children
- Partnering with Families
- Clinical and Healthcare Settings
- Professional Development at Home
- LearnAway is filled with educator resources and curriculum ideas that will help teachers continue to meet the social, physical, and intellectual needs of children.
- EITP Online Events includes live webinars and meetings, EITP offers self-paced, asynchronous trainings available through Moodle, recorded webinars through MFLN and live events through Zoom.
- Non-EITP Events includes events that are sponsored by other entities (not EITP) that offer EI credit. You can use the dropdown menu next to "Type" and choose "online" to filter events so that only online trainings appear.
- You may also want to check your professional organizations, like DEC, ASHA, or IDTA, to see what resources are available for your specific discipline!
Easy Actions to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with people who appear sick
- Stay at home if you or a family member is sick
- Clean frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs and handrails
- Ask simple, fact-finding questions to ALL families regarding recent travel to affected areas or interactions with anyone who traveled to affected areas
- Share resources or factsheets listed above with families wanting to learn more about COVID-19