EITP will ONLY accept and review EI Activity Credit Requests received from sponsoring organizations and submitted through our online process (see below on how to submit).
- Approval may take up to 30 business days so please plan accordingly.
- Please note: We only provide approval for the content of an activity. It is the responsibility of the individual to provide Proof of Attendance or Completion (certificate) of this activity to Provider Connections.
- To better understand the types of EI credit available, we encourage you to review the Core Content Areas for EI Credit (pdf).
- We ask that sponsoring organizations make their registration and attendance rosters available to Provider Connections, when needed, to corroborate early intervention credit for specific providers.
Provider Connections requires that all certificates submitted for initial credentialing or for renewal purposes adhere to the following guidelines:
- Certificates must include the sponsoring organization's name, event title, and completion date.
- Certificate information must match our training events calendar exactly.
- Attendee names must be computer-generated/type-written on the certificates. Certificates submitted with handwritten names will not be accepted and could cause provider applications to be delayed in processing. If providers have been issued a certificate with a space to write names, they are directed to contact the sponsoring organization directly and request receiving a certificate with the name pre-printed on it. The only exception to this policy is that it does not apply to trainings designated as “conferences” on the certificate.
Submit a Credit Request Online
Please allow 10-20 minutes to complete the online submission process and plan accordingly as it will take up to 30 business days for your request to be processed. All training events reviewed for early intervention credit will be posted on the IL Early Intervention Training Program's web calendar of events. Training sponsors will have the option to select the date they would like the event to post on the calendar of events by completing the "Post Date" field during the submission process. Training sponsors that DO NOT want their event open to the general early intervention population should select the "Post Date" to be the day after the event is completed. The date selected in the "Post Date" field is the date the event posts on this website.
In some cases supporting documentation can be emailed to email@example.com, however, all required information must also be entered in the online submission form. Paper credit requests will no longer be accepted. Video requests have not yet been converted into an online format and continue to be done using a paper process. Please follow the instructions in the "Video Credit Request" link to submit a video credit request.
For questions regarding the Credit Request Process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org