The National and International Scholarship info session will tell you everything you need to know about the benefits of attending a Fulbright UK Summer Institute and how to be a competitive applicant. We’ll also hear from previous Illinois recipients.
UK Summer Fulbright Information Session: Tuesday, January 15, 3:30-4:30 pm, 514 Illini Union Bookstore
The Fulbright UK Summer Institute Programmes offer current 1st and 2nd year students a fantastic opportunity to be immersed in the study of British academics and culture. Students will take part in research, collaboration, presentation, and cultural events at an esteemed British university. They will enhance their leadership skills, develop knowledge and understanding of new subjects, and become ambassadors for the United Kingdom and the United States. Applications for 2019 are open now at http://www.fulbright.org.uk/going-to-the-uk/uk-summer-institutes. In Summer 2019, there are nine Institutes with varied themes and subject areas. These include:
- Aberystwyth University Summer Institute
- AIFS Summer Institute with the Globe Education
- University of Birmingham Summer Institute
- University of Bristol Summer Institute
- University of Exeter Summer Institute
- University of Sussex Summer Institute
- University of Westminster Summer Institute
- Queen’s University Belfast Summer Institute
- Technology, Innovation and Creativity Scotland Summer Institute at the University of Strathclyde and the Glasgow School of Art
In partnership with institute UK universities hosts, the Institute will cover costs, including return US/UK flights, university fees, and accommodations and some meals during the Institute.
Deadline for 2019 will be 6 February for ALL Institutes. Each Programme also vary between three and four weeks.