The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is accepting applications for five internship positions. Interns will support faculty and LAS International Programs staff working with a group of university students from China who will be on campus for a 4-week summer academic program: Economics and Accounting for the Global Market. Note: All applicants are strongly encouraged to enroll in Econ 199: Econ Instruction for Int’l Audiences with Professor Isaac DiIanni. (CRN 68511, meets 2nd 8 weeks spring semester, Mondays 4-4:50pm in Lincoln Hall 1062.)
- attend economics and accounting courses with the Chinese students and assist them with their coursework
- work with the Chinese students to improve their academic communication skills in English
- accompany the group on site visits and excursions in the local area
- organize social activities for the group on campus
- 2 interns will also serve as RAs and live in the dorms with the group.
Dates + Hours: Interns will work approximately 20-25 hours a week between July 16 and August 16. Hours will vary based on the group’s schedule and will include some evenings and weekends.
Salary: $10/hour (interns serving as RAs will also receive free housing and some meals for the duration of the program.)
- All Illinois undergraduates are welcome to apply
- Native or near-native English language skills (Chinese language skills are a plus)
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in Econ 199
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Elly Hanauer (email@example.com) by March 30. For more information on the program visit: https://publish.illinois.edu/jesie-lasprogram/