The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) is seeking highly motivated and personable undergraduate students who are eager to guide and support their peers through the Illinois undergraduate research experience. If you have previous experience in research, whether through coursework, assisting faculty, research staff, or graduate students, or conducting a project of your own, we invite you to apply to become an Illinois Undergraduate Research Ambassador. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help other students navigate their own research journeys.
If you are interested in the Ambassadors Program, but unsure if you have the necessary research or creative inquiry experience, please reach out to us. We are more than happy to assist you in determining if the program is a suitable fit for you.
As an undergraduate research ambassador, you will:
- Represent and promote OUR's mission to current and prospective undergraduate researchers at on-campus recruiting & outreach events, classroom presentations, and other informational events.
- Lead or assist in workshops on undergraduate research, and participate as a panelist to share your personal experience in undergraduate research.
- Support OUR's social media campaigns.
- Mentor, support, and guide undergraduate students at various stages of their research journey.
- Assist in the organization and logistics of the Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Have access to professional development opportunities, such as trainings in peer mentoring, communication, public speaking, event planning, outreach, and program development.
- Ability to dedicate 30 hours of ambassador work over the Spring 2023 semester, with preference given to candidates who will continue their position through the AY23/24.
- Availability to attend monthly meetings on either Tuesday from 5-6pm OR Wednesday from 6:30-7:30pm.
- Commitment to actively participate in all assigned responsibilities, including occasional mandatory weekend and evening events, for the full Spring 2023 term.
- Possession of excellent communication skills.
- Proven reliability, organization, personability, and respectfulness.
- A strong commitment and excitement for the opportunity to support current and prospective undergraduate researchers.
Ambassadors are paid $390 per semester and are expected to work, on average, 2-3 hours per week.
Apply at: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/13992318
Deadline to apply is Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:59pm