Illinois Undergraduate Research Ambassadors (IURA) are a collaborative cohort of accomplished and experienced students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Ambassadors will promote undergraduate research on the UIUC campus and help the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) develop and maintain student-focused programs that represent UIUC’s diverse array of disciplines.
Ideal candidates should demonstrate at least 2 semesters (or 1 full summer semester) of engagement in research/creative inquiry and exhibit excellent communication skills. Such candidates should be reliable, organized, personable, and respectful. Experience with peer mentorship is a plus.
Ambassadors must be active participants in all assigned responsibilities, including occasional mandatory weekend and evening events, for the full academic terms of SP18 and FA18.
- Organize the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) booth and represent OUR at Quad Day 2018
- Represent and promote OUR during on-campus recruiting events, informational events, or other events at the discretion of OUR staff (at least 2 per semester)
- Serve on OUR's Student Advisory Board
- Advise, support, and guide undergraduate students on getting started and engaging in research, scholarship, and/or creative projects as Peer Mentors on an as-needed basis
- Engage in monthly development meetings with the OUR Staff
- Assist with the Undergraduate Research Symposium and represent IURAs at an information table
- Serve as a liaison between academic/departmental advisor(s) and OUR
- $250 stipend per semester
- OUR branded polo shirt
- Direct collaboration with university administration
- Resumé building
- Development and enhancement of leadership skills
- Enhancement of public speaking
Link to Application
Applications are due December 3, 2017 at 11:59pm