Social Media and Communications Intern: The Illinois Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) is seeking a motivated and creative undergraduate social media and communications intern. This intern will be responsible for crafting engaging text and visual content to enhance OUR’s online communication efforts. The Social Media and Communications Intern will work, on average, 7-10 hours per week. This position will start in Spring 2023 and will be extended into Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 based on performance and availability of funding. This is a paid internship at $13.00/hour. Federal Work Study designation is preferred. For questions about Federal Work-Study status, please contact Financial Aid.
- Research, develop, organize, and post creative and compelling content for OUR’s social media platforms on a regular basis
- Develop visually appealing graphics for social media posts
- Create and edit short videos for social media platforms
- Create and maintain a calendar for social media posts
- Be proactive in driving the growth of OUR’s social media presence
- Create end-of-semester reports on social media campaign performance
- Write content for OUR’s monthly email newsletter
- Assist with other projects, as needed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Experience creating graphics and videos for social media
- Reliable work ethic
- Student should be independent, communicative, and able to take initiative with good attention to detail
- Federal Work Study designation is preferred but not required
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign (not necessary)
- Proficiency with creating posts across multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Interested Applicants Must:
- Provide a cover letter that speaks to how you plan to lead and advance OUR’s social media presence. If you have previous experience with social media for a professional organization, please include samples of previous experiences with social media campaigns. Letter should also indicate that you are able to work for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 semesters as well.
- Include availability/preferred working hours in a given week for the Spring 2023 semester (9AM- 5PM M-F).
- Include a resume/CV
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on February 22, 2023 to https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/1928197291
Incomplete applications will be removed from consideration. Any questions should be addressed to email@example.com.