Graphic Design Intern: The Illinois Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking a motivated and experienced undergraduate student to assist with creating innovative and visually impactful graphics for the office. The graphic design intern will be expected to work from 5 – 10 hours per week (workstation and required software will be provided). This is a paid internship at $12/hour. Federal Work Study designation is required.
- Assist with layout, design, and production of flyers, digital/web graphics, office brochures, and other print/digital resources, consistent with current office branding.
- Assist with converting digital assets to web-ready formats.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Federal Work Study designation is required.
- Graphic design expertise – demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Website design – experience with or knowledge of developing and implementing digital assets to a website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Student should be independent, communicative, and able to take initiative with good attention to detail.
- Experience as an undergraduate researcher preferred, but not required.
- Reliable work ethic is necessary.
Interested Applicants Must:
- Include hourly availability/preferred working hours in a given week for the Fall 2018 semester (9AM- 5PM M-F).
- Include a resume/CV.
- Include a brief (<1 page) cover letter indicating interest and relevant experience. Your cover letter must indicate that you are eligible for Federal Work-Study.
- Provide examples (minimum of two pieces) of previously designed work, with a brief summation (i.e., what was this for, when was it done).
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 19, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org; please put “undergraduate graphic design internship” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will be removed from consideration. Any questions should be addressed to the same email account, with same subject line