The 2021 Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS) is currently on display until April 30. To register and view the symposium, please go to: https://go.illinois.edu/URS2021. To kick-off the 2021 URS, on Monday afternoon we held a live event through Zoom. If you missed it live, don't stress - we recorded it! The embedded video below includes opening remarks from Dr. Karen Rodriguez'G (Director, Office of Undergraduate Research). You can also find presentations by four of our featured presenters linked in the schedule below.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks, Dr. Karen Rodriguez'G - Director, Office of Undergraduate Research (embedded below)
- Highlighted Live Presentations
- Bird-Inspired Morphing Wings: Design and Experimental Evaluation of a Swept Wing for Pitch Stability Control (by Anna Alvarez, Senior, Mechanical Engineering, ENG) - Video for Anna's presentation can be found here
- Extending Your Phone's Lifetime Using Electrodeposited Cathodes in Lithium-Ion Batteries (by Omar Kazi, Senior, Electrical Engineering, ENG) - Video for Omar's presentation can be found here
- Math Anxious Parents’ Response to Children’s Difficulty in a Math Game (by Michelle Nutlis, Senior, Psychology, LAS) - Video for Michelle's presentation can be found here
- The Effects of Environmental Pollutants (Iodoacteic Acid) on the Development of Mouse Egg Cells (by Royal Shrestha, Sophomore, Molecular and Cellular Biology, LAS) - Video for Royal's presentation can be found here
To all members of the Illinois community, we hope you will take some time to visit both Undergraduate Research Week events and the Symposium and witness the hard work of our students, and we invite you to provide encouragement and feedback on their presentations. For a full list of events taking place during Undergraduate Research Week, please view the full digital program at: https://undergradresearch.illinois.edu/researchweek.html.
OFFICE OF UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH