2021 Commencement will include an in-person individual, private Stage Crossing experience. Learn about some of the top tips to prepare for the celebration.
Remember your time slot
Graduates participating in the Stage Crossings registered for a time slot during the week of Monday, May 10 – Monday, May 17. All Stage Crossings will take place at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
- Graduates are able to be accompanied by up to four registered guests. Guests may not enter the building without their graduate.
- Be on time and ready for your Stage Crossing. You will only be admitted within ten minutes of your scheduled Stage Crossing reservation.
- Be prepared with your Grad Pass QR code—you will need this to cross the stage. Grad Passes were sent to each graduate via email, but can also be found by logging in at illinois.marchingorder.com.
Free parking will be available for graduates and their designated guests in the garages of the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Metered parking is also available around campus.
There will be mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all who participate in the Stage Crossings, including wearing face coverings and practicing social distancing.
- Face coverings will be required at all times, except when the graduate crosses the stage for their photo.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Up to four registered guests per graduate, regardless of age or vaccination status.
- Hand sanitizers will be located in multiple locations throughout the building.
All guests will be masked at all times, and all parties will be six feet away from another party. Graduates may remove their mask for a photograph while on stage. No unmasked group photographs may be taken while inside the building.
Each stage will have a livestream for viewers to watch, so family, friends and loved ones can celebrate graduates no matter where they are. Be sure to communicate which stage you will be crossing, as well as your date and time slot.
Take a photo around campus
Professional photographers will be present to take formal portraits at the Stage Crossings, but be sure to take a photo on your own at some of your favorite outdoor campus locations.
Stay connected with Illinois
Follow university social media and share photos of your day using #ILLINOIS2021.