Congratulations, class of 2019! Your big day is right around the corner. Here’s what you need to know to be prepared for commencement:
1. Order regalia
Illinois graduates wear custom regalia designed specifically for campus. Make sure to order your cap and gown if you plan to participate in a commencement ceremony.
- Illinois students save $20 when they order their regalia by April 11.
- Graduates who miss this deadline can order between April 12-24 for full price.
- If you want your regalia shipped to home rather than picking it up at the ARC, make sure to order by April 11.
2. Register to participate in unit and university-wide ceremonies
Your journey at Illinois isn’t over yet. Don’t miss the chance to come together with your Illini friends, classmates, faculty, and family one last time.
If you plan to participate in the university-wide commencement ceremony, register by April 24.
Check with your departmental advisor for instructions on how to participate in your unit ceremony.
3. Invite your family and friends
Check in with your friends and family to find out if there are any special requests that need to be made to help your guests get around campus on graduation day.
Make sure to note any accessibility needs you or your guests may have on your registration form.
4. Get tickets
All university-wide commencement ceremony guests, except infants being held, must present an admission ticket. Unlimited tickets for the university-wide ceremony are available for free at the Illini Union event services window during regular business hours.
Check with your academic department for information on tickets to unit ceremonies.
5. Complete your senior surveys
Whether you have already accepted a job or graduate school offer, have plans to start a business, will be volunteering in the community or abroad, or are still defining your next steps, don’t forget to reflect on your time at Illinois and share your post-graduation plans with us.
- By completing the Illini Success survey, you could win a variety of prizes including Amazon gift cards.
- By taking the NSSE survey sent to your university email, you could win money for the RSO of your choice.
6. Enjoy your last semester
From Alma Mater and the Quad to Memorial Stadium and the Arboretum, there’s no place like Illinois. Reflect on your academic journey and thank the friends, family, and professors who helped you along the way.