The Campus Directory now supports three types of photo uploads. Once an photo is uploaded into the Campus Directory it can be rotated (if necessary) and cropped to the exact sizes that are required. Images may be added from phones, iPads, desktop computers, and other devices.
Photo types now available:
- Profile photo – used on our profile page in the Campus Directory
- Mini photo – used in Outlook and Skype
- Large photo (full screen profile) – to be used in an upcoming release to the Campus Directory to promote faculty and staff.
Achieving the best photo quality:
Directory photos are sized to the specific dimensions needed (listed in Webtools). High quality photos are loften very large and the Webtools cropper only provides adequate results. For the best quality photos please reduce the size of your image before uploading into Webtools.
Uploading photos into the Campus Directory:
- Find yourself in the Campus Directory
- Click the (edit) pencil at the top right and login to Webtools
- On the General/Photo tab browse to an photo and click "Upload"
- Rotate your photo if necessary, crop your image as desired, and click "Review and save"
- If your photo looks correct click "Save Photo", else click "Cancel" and try again
- Repeat steps above to add any of the three photo types
Adding your photo to Skype and Outlook
- After uploading your "mini" photo click the "view image" button and copy the URL of the image
- Open Skype and click on the (avatar) photo next to your name
- Choose "show a picture from a website"
- Paste your "mini" photo URL
- Click "connect to picture"
Large photo feature coming soon
The large photo will be used as a full screen background image. Here is an example of a similar feature that uses very large photos.