1. Acceptance of terms
Welcome to Web Services' Webtools. The Office of Web Services (OWS) at Public Affairs in Urbana-Champaign provides its services to you, subject to the following Terms of Service (TOS), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at: https://blogs.illinois.edu/view/6291/711914121. In addition, when using particular Webtools services, you and OWS shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS. OWS may also offer other services that are governed by different Terms of Service.
OWS currently provides users with access to a growing collection communications tools. You understand and agree that all advertising is prohibited in relationship to Webtools. Webtools may be used only for University of Illinois business - to meet the objectives of the University missions. You also understand and agree that "accepting the terms" may include certain communications from OWS, such as service announcements and administrative messages and that these communications are considered part of Webtools membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Webtools shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that Webtools is provided "AS-IS" and that OWS assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for maintaining all information collected or stored within Webtools. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access Webtools.
3. Member conduct
You understand that you are accessing an University of Illinois information system; unauthorized use of the information system is prohibited and subject to criminal and civil penalties; your usage may be monitored, recorded, and subject to audit; and your use of the information system indicates consent to monitoring and recording;
You understand that all information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not OWS, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, or otherwise make available via Webtools. OWS does not control the Content posted via Webtools and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using Webtools, you may be exposed to Content that is objectionable. Under no circumstances will OWS be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted or otherwise made available via Webtools.
You agree NOT to use Webtools to:
- distribute email via Email+ using a "From" address that you do not manage, unless you have been granted permission to use that address by the account owner;
- create any Webtool name (Short URL, Calendar, Survey, etc.) that directly references a unit's name or acronym that you are not associated with;
- host a Webtool (directly or in an iframe) in a department homepage or high traffic page;
- create any Webtool name that contains words that are harmful, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- create any Webtool communication (Email+, Survey, Blog, etc.) that directly references an official Campus Massmail header or identies itself as a Campus Massmail.
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
You acknowledge that OWS does not pre-screen Content, but that OWS and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, or move any Content that is available via Webtools. Without limiting the foregoing, OWS and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that OWS may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of OWS, its users and the public.
You understand that Webtools and software embodied within Webtools may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by OWS and/or content providers who provide content to Webtools. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into Webtools. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided in Webtools, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
4. Webtools ownership and access
You understand that when you create any Webtool it is owned by your unit. This means that while only you, or the people you grant permissions to, have access to this Webtool, there are also designated unit or campus admins that have permissions to troubleshoot and support Webtools as needed, this includes any Webtool that was created while you were an employee for that unit. Webtools admins may also transfer Webtools when users leave their position or the university.
5. Modifications to Webtools
OWS reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, a service within Webtools with or without notice. You agree that OWS shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of a Webtools service.
6. Dispute resolution
Public Affairs reserves the sole right to resolve any conflict that arises through the use of Webtools services (e.g., conflicts between units attempting to use the same Calendar name, Short URL, etc.). All decisions are final.
You agree that OWS may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to Webtools. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to Webtools (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) improper usage of any Webtools skin, and (g) termination of Univeristy of Illinois employment. Termination of your Webtools access includes removal of access to all offerings within Webtools.
Webtools may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because OWS has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that OWS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that OWS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.