Creative Services and Web Services collaborated to add the Email Signature Generator to the Webtools suite. This tool allows you to copy and paste an appropriately formatted email signature into your email client.
To generate your own email signature and apply it to your email client, follow these basic steps:
- Visit webtools.illinois.edu and log in using your NetID.
- In the top navigation menu, hover over More and click Directory. The Directory profiles for which you are an editor display.
- Select your own profile by clicking your email address.
- Click the Signature tab. You will notice that the information from your directory listing has been auto-filled for your convenience. You are free to make any corrections or changes to this information.
- Once you are satisfied with your information, click the Generate signature button.Your custom email signature displays.
- Click the Copy to clipboard button (or select the text block and copy) and paste your new signature into your email client's email signature settings.
Access from Directory Profile
You can also access the Email Signature Generator directly from your public Directory profile.
- Visit the Illinois Directory and look up your profile.
- From your public Directory profile, click the "@" icon. This takes you directly to the Signature tab in Webtools. (You will be required to log in if you aren't already.)