Position Website with Application Information
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Under immediate supervision, is responsible for performing elementary professional environmental investigations, collecting samples, investigating complaints and providing detailed technical reports for supervisory review and approval.
- Travels to observe and participate in the conduct of routine on-site investigations for environmental programs to determine compliance with program mandates.
- Prepares detailed reports on investigation findings, sample reports and corrective action necessary for compliance with applicable mandates and regulations. Participates in the investigation of complaints and prepares materials for supervisory review and consideration with respect to potential violations.
- Participates in conferences, consultations and corrective action planning with owners, the public, program partners and the regulated industry related to applicable environmental programs. Receives training and orientation in the collection of data, documentary evidence, sample collection, environmental standard methods, laws, regulations, policies and procedures with respect to the applicable environmental programs.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 30 semester hours in the physical and/or biological sciences.
- Requires ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires the ability to travel and possession of a valid Illinois drivers license.
- Excellent computer skills and work experience in Microsoft software products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. is highly desirable.