Position Description & Application
- Assist with a variety of education and outreach efforts, which will include program development and enhancement, and increasing accessibility of educational resources. Tasks will include but are not limited to the development and implementation of a teacher workshop, creation of guides for teachers for the Freedom Seekers curriculum, enhancing visibility and accessibility of existing educational resources on IISG websites, and contributing to outreach efforts at conferences and meetings.
- Collaborate with IISG staff and outreach and research partners to develop and translate complex concepts into educational resources that are more accessible to staff, teachers, interest holders, outreach partners, and the public.
- Increase accessibility of IISG educational resources to non-English speaking audiences by researching and identifying priority resources and working with translators, editors, graphic designers, and administrative staff to make these translated documents widely available and easily accessible on the IISG website.
- Enhance programming through development of new and modification of existing educational resources and content. This may include working with internal and external staff, such as graphic designers, web developers, web administrators, and translators. Strategize with IISG staff on development of an IISG alumni network and begin its implementation to assist with outreach efforts
- Evaluate impacts and work to enhance distribution of specific IISG outreach materials.
- Assist the three IISG mentors on other education and outreach projects, as needed.
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload, successfully manage timelines, and provide regular reports of activities and achievements. Knowledge of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
- Knowledge of and interest in conducting environmental extension, education, or outreach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills are preferred. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are preferred. Demonstrated ability to work independently is preferred.