The Indianapolis office of DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc., has opportunities for seasonal Environmental Restoration Technicians. Davey Resource Group is a leader in the natural resource and forestry consulting industries throughout the US.
DUTIES: Environmental Restoration Technicians work under the direction of Project Managers and Site Managers to provide our government, utility, commercial, and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage natural resources, comply with policies, and obtain regulatory permits. Overall duties encompass inspecting, managing, and maintaining a wide range of habitats, both natural and disturbed. Daily tasks include native seed installation, native plug planting, tree/shrub installation, invasive species control, or other tasks related to habitat restoration. An interest in or educational focus on wetland, stream, and forest habitats, is preferred.
Education and Qualifications:
● Two-to-four-year degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, Ecology, Forestry, Horticulture, Hydrology, Soil Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience in similar position. Current students are encouraged to apply for summer seasonal work.
● Driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
● Indiana Certified Pesticide Applicator or ability to gain certification
● Ability and willingness to travel
● Capability of working outdoors and hiking in varying terrain and weather conditions