Climate Communications Fellow (8 months starting mid-May 2021)
Agency: The Wild Center, Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks
Location: Tupper Lake, NY
Closing Date: March 26, 2021
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please answer the following questions in a cover letter:
● Tell us about your personal connection to climate change. Why are you passionate about taking climate action?
● How does this internship align with your personal and/or career goals?
The YCP seeks a highly motivated and organized Climate Communications Fellow to support the Program’s communications, including social media, monthly Newsflash email blasts, virtual event support and other modes of outreach. The Fellow will also support development of a new climate change solutions exhibit, slated to open during Summer 2022. The position runs from mid-May to mid-December 2021 and has some flexibility based on the applicant’s schedule.
● Assist with Youth Climate Program communication, including email newsletters, social media, and virtual event promotion.
● Assist with planning and implementing virtual programs, including the Adirondack Youth Climate Summit, the Summer Institute for Teachers, and youth leadership programming.
● Assist with development of a new climate change solutions exhibit, including visitor evaluation, prototyping exhibit interactives, content research and administrative support.
● Learn the latest climate change science, impacts, and solutions, and utilize innovative education techniques to communicate climate change to visitors and YCP participants.
● There is flexibility within this position to develop projects that align with the fellow’s passions, strengths, and areas for growth.
See the complete announcement and apply here.