BENEFITS: Beginning hourly wage, $25.05; group health and life insurance; retirement; optional deferred
compensation, dental and vision options; holidays; and sick, vacation, and parental leave.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in fisheries science/management. Experience may be
substituted for the required education as determined relevant by the agency. Candidates with one year or more
of field experience and/or master’s degree will be given preference. The successful candidate must pass a
background check and possess a valid driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY: Go to the State Employment Center at https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center and follow the directions below:
• Click in the middle of the page under the Sunflower. From there either Sign into your existing account
or Register for a new account.
• Review and complete your contact information on the My Contact Information page. Please make
sure to include your email address.
• Upload documents listed in the Required Documents section of this job posting to the appropriate
• Complete and Submit your application.
• Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
o Email - the email listed on the Careers>My Contact Information page.
o Notifications - view the Careers>My Job Notifications page
The following are the required items to apply:
1) a letter of interest/cover letter
2) a detailed resume; including a valid e-mail address
3) transcript material, if applicable, (copies of official transcripts or unofficial student copies are acceptable as long
as degree is conferred)
4) Employment application – this is generated by the information which is input into the system.
5) Authorization to Release Information form** (this can be found at the following website):
**Please note, this form must either be witnessed and signed by a Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
employee or signed in front of and notarized by a notary public. We reserve the right to conduct a background
check on all qualified applicants.
6) Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate