● Work with many and diverse partners, including local, state, and federal governments agencies throughout the watershed
● Must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States with a valid state driver’s license
● College student or recent graduate with coursework in biology, natural resources, or a related field. Other majors or courses of study will be considered, but some background in natural resources is helpful
● General knowledge of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway is helpful
● Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team, be detail-oriented and organized, and to follow oral and written directions
● Ability to work with a flexible and changing schedule. Must be able to work some long days, weekends and evenings
● Good oral and written communication skills
● Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds independently, and up to 50 pounds with assistance
Work Site and Conditions
● Interns will be based at the Wild Rivers Conservancy office in Osceola, WI.
● There will be travel throughout the upper St. Croix watershed in both Minnesota and Wisconsin
● Work in the field is required and will involve some physical activity, including walking, standing for long periods of time, managing invasive species and paddling a kayak or canoe at a variety of locations
● Schedules can be variable or on a week to week basis
● Full COVID vaccination is required for position eligibility.
Position and Wage Details
This is a temporary, full time internship ranging 32-40 hours weekly for a period of 12-14 weeks at a wage of $14/hr.