The Project Learning Tree Green Mentor program is a dynamic short-term program that connects young people (ages 18–30) with seasoned Green Jobs professionals. We use an industry-leading platform and algorithm and have matched hundreds of people based on their personalities, learning styles, goals, interests, and more
WHY BE A MENTEE?
• Work directly with professionals in the forest and conservation sector.
• Have direct access to employers.
• Build confidence in your skills and abilities.
• Plan your green career pathway and learn about different opportunities.
• Develop new soft skills like communication, goal setting, and problem-solving.
• Have a say in the forest and conservation sector by providing new, innovative ideas to your mentor.
GREEN MENTEE EXPECTATIONS
It is a short-term commitment that involves meeting with your mentor for 2–3 hours a month. You will:
• Guide the mentorship relationship by setting goals, topics, and agendas for each meeting.
• Complete the Green Pathway Plan online course.
• Participate in feedback surveys and attend mentorship roundtables.
• Join skill development webinars and networking opportunities