Successful applicants will work in a joint capacity with USDA Natural
Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC), Quail Forever
(QF) and other partners to assist in the implementation of Farm Bill and other related wildlife
conservation programs. Activities may include providing CRP contract status reviews, contract
coordination, site assessment, and reporting. Interns will work closely with local NRCS field staff and
wildlife biologists assisting with various projects related to wildlife management. These positions will
be located in a USDA Service Center and will be employees of, and supervised by Pheasants Forever,
Required Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
• Must be pursuing a career in wildlife management or natural resources field.
• Must be able to work effectively with private landowners, governmental agency staff and
conservation organization representatives.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Ability to work under adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to correctly identify and/or learn to identify grasses, forbs, trees, and shrubs.
• Must be able to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
• Complete and comprehend all training as directed by supervisor(s).
• Abide by all company policies, rules and safety regulations as directed.
• Valid driver’s license required with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience driving 4x4 vehicles with or without trailers preferred.
• Must be able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
Education and Experience Preferred: Any combination of training and/or experience that will enable
applicants to possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Applicants must be pursuing or
possess a degree in biology, wildlife management, or closely related field with natural resources focus.