• Teach natural history programs for children grades pre-k to 12 at Forest Preserve sites and in local schools
• Assist with special events and public programs
• Complete short term assignments for the growth of the District Education programs
• Assist with daily operation of the Interpretive Center
• Assist with maintenance of education program animal collection
• Must be available to work occasional weekends and evenings
Excellent communication skills; Experience working with children; Knowledge of area flora and fauna; College-level coursework in Natural Resources, Education or related field preferred; Ability to work outdoors in all conditions.
Hours & Pay Rate:
15-30 hours/week, Sept 1 – Nov 20. The primary work location is Homer Lake Forest Preserve, with some work at Lake of the Woods. Pay: $9.50-$11.00/hr.
For More Information, and To Apply:
Review of applications will begin August 17, 2015. To apply, complete online application at www.ccfpd.org/About/employment.html.
For more information please visit www.ccfpd.org or contact Pam Leiter, Education Department Assistant Director, at 217-896-2455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for an internship? Check with your college or university department about receiving internship credit.
The Champaign County Forest Preserve District is an Equal Opportunity Employer