Objective: To offer college students educational experience in every aspect of the horticulture production industry via short-term assignments in every department at Home Nursery, Inc.
Timetable: 10 Week Rotational Program from May to July (scheduled around student’s school schedule)
• Shipping Department – 2 weeks
• Propagation Department – 1 week
• Production Department – 2 weeks
• Inventory Department – 2 weeks
• Sales Department – 1 week
• Distribution Centers – 1 week
• INTERN’S CHOICE – last week
• The intern company sponsor is Chloe Smith. She is responsible for the orientation for the interns, coordination of moves between departments, and weekly reports from the interns. It is the sponsor’s responsibility to ensure that the interns have an enjoyable summer with us.
• Interns will each complete a special project throughout the duration of the internship. They choose a topic halfway through the program, with the help of their sponsor. Their last week, they turn in a short report on their experience/findings throughout their project.
• Weekly reports completed by the intern
• Input from Home Nursery, Inc. sponsor on a weekly basis
• Critique of each week from the department supervisor
• Monthly lunches with senior managers
• Critique of the program by the intern at the end of the internship
• Critique of the program by the university sponsor (if applicable)
• Re-evaluation of the program by Home Nursery, Inc. Internship Committee after internship is completed
• Horticulture experience OR a desire to work in the field
• Full-time of part-time student status
• Ability & desire to work outdoors in all types of weather
• Home Nursery is a drug free work place
• Interns will be required to follow all Home Nursery policies and procedures
• Pay rate is $17.00 per hour
• Interns will work no more than 40 hours per week
• Interns will be required to provide their own transportation
Send Resume & Optional Cover Letter to:
Home Nursery, Inc.
Attn. Tayler Jordan
P.O. Box 128
Albers, IL 62215