Sustainability and Environmental Specialist
creative werks, llc - Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Self-motivated person who has personal passion for Sustainability, eager to take on challenging projects and brainstorm transformational ideas. Responsible for the leadership and the development, implementation and management of all Recycling & Environmental programs/activities within all cw locations. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to third-party and client requirements. Create and execute strategic steps that expand and support our sustainability vision.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Works with Management to develop overall approach to sustainability as a business practice and promote its implementation throughout the organization.
- Conducts ongoing management of each facilities sustainability program including frequent monitoring of the production floor to assess level of material separation and sorting of recycling streams.
- Ensures all necessary departments understand our sustainability protocol and processes including the creation and facilitation of recycling training for staff.
- Standardize Recycling Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or updates current SOP’s for any changes that are required across all facilities.
- Communicates with Project Management to determine product composition/material; identify new material streams to maintain or improve recycling efforts.
- Research, develop and maintain relationships with current recycling vendors (and/or other waste provider) to determine if material can be recycled, audit their processes to ensure compliance and appropriate accounting/invoicing. This may include executing RFQ for alternatives vendors when needed.
- Creates new waste steam Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or updates current SOP’s for any changes that are required.
- Suggests and advises potential revenue streams with regards to our facilities that may be outside of production materials including facility related environmental factors such as energy, waste water or other environmental factor.
- Partners with Warehouse & Production Departments to monitor the collection, storage and preparation of waste materials including the bundling and baling of waste (Waste Compactor, Corrugate Compactor and Recycling Trailer).
- Tracks, calculates and analyzes key sustainability indicators including but not limited to, energy & utilities usage, number of material pulls, monthly waste by category and weight, and overall recycling progress as it pertains to internal sustainability metrics and invoicing.
- Reports to Finance and CSR teams on monthly recycling revenue and rebates and shares various data to validate progress on sustainability goals. This will also include maintaining specific reports required for client recordkeeping involving carbon, waste and water foot-print (if applicable).
- Acts as the corporate lead on environmental regulations (local and federal level) and researches and reports back on trend analysis, case studies and best practices within the environmental/CSR field. May be required to participate in environmental groups and/or committees as appropriate.
- Adaptable to fast paced environments with changing circumstances, direction and strategy and has the desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment.
- Strong communicator in both written and verbal with excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate and work at all levels in the organization and customers.
- Participate in and prepare for client related audit. Lead audits at third-party vendor sits as needed.
- Can interpret data and provide meaningful analysis of information.
- Enforce company rules regarding safety, discipline, cooperation and teamwork.
- Attend selected meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 1 year