Half-Term Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Member - (3 locations throughout California) Due 2/14
Each year, the Sierra Nevada Alliance places 28 AmeriCorps members with partner conservation organizations throughout the Sierra Nevada. During their terms of service, members restore and monitor impaired Sierra watersheds, educate and outreach to Sierra residents and visitors on environmental issues, and recruit and manage volunteers for a variety of programs. SNAP members gain skills and technical training, are mentored by outstanding environmental leaders, and provide a meaningful contribution to the communities of the Sierra Nevada. A living allowance, loan forbearance, and health care benefits are provided during the term of service, as well as an end-of-service education award.
Spring Half-term Positions: (April 6th - September 19th, 2020)
●North Tahoe Host Site – Sierra Field Technician, Trout Unlimited (Truckee, California)
●North Tahoe Host Site – Communication and Education Coordinator, Sierra State ParksFoundation (Tahoe City, California)
●Inyo County Department of Agriculture – Field Assistant, Level 1, 2 positions (Bishop, California)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S. High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are highly recommended six months of relevant experience in restoration, monitoring, environmental education, or fieldwork. May consider related experience).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older.
- Must not have a criminal history that results in the applicant’s inability to serve as an AmeriCorps member.
- Must not have been released for cause from a previous AmeriCorps term of service.
- Must have not served more than 3 previous AmeriCorps terms of service.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION