Museum Fellow (8 months starting May 2021)
Agency: The Wild Center (Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks)
Location: Tupper Lake, NY
Closing Date: March 31, 2021
Application Instructions: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “2021 Fellow'' and you will receive an automated email including our application form and additional instructions.
Position Summary: Fellows will receive a broad range of interpretive responsibilities and are a key part of The Wild Center’s visitor experience. This job promotes leadership skills, development of local natural history knowledge, and best practices in customer service. Fellows will directly engage with visitors of all ages and backgrounds throughout our campus. TWC values the safety and comfort of sta while providing a robust and enriching experience for visitors. We are looking for passionate, curious, and motivated people to join our team this year.
● Build your knowledge in Adirondack natural history, climate change, public speaking, visitor engagement, leadership, and job skills
● Engage with visitors throughout our campus, including Wild Walk, the Pines Play Area, and along our trails
● Facilitate short, informal conversations featuring live animals including river otters and birds of prey and learn to handle live animals including turtles, birds, and mammals for interpretive experiences
● Help maintain and traverse our outdoor campus, including opening and closing duties, trail sweeps, and general tidying of outdoor spaces
● Learn best practices of online digital engagement and assist with TWC’s digital content creation and presentation, including virtual eld trips, daily live programs, and special virtual events
● Work cross-departmentally with admissions, store, and facilities, to provide excellent customer service to all visitors in a variety of roles
● Work schedule is 35 hours per week, including weekends and occasional mornings and evenings
See the complete announcement and apply here.