Position Website and Application Information
KEG is seeking Environmental Scientist Interns responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard environmental techniques and procedures on a wide variety of transportation projects. The Interns will gain hands-on, meaningful work experience to enhance their education and professional aptitude. Our Interns gain exposure to real projects while working side by side with senior staff, gaining mentorship, networking opportunities and lifelong career connections.
• Pursuit of Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental science, biology or related degree from an accredited program.
• Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS programs strongly preferred.
• Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Desire and ability to work outside.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Career Experience Opportunities
• Support projects of various sizes and scopes in environmental regulatory compliance, permitting and environmental due diligence.
• Assist with environmental desktop reviews for wetlands, protected species, and other published data review.
• Assist with environmental field studies including wetland delineations and biological field work.
• Assist in plant identification and Floristic Quality Assessments.
• Assist in preparing graphics related to project deliverables using ArcGIS.
• Assist with data analysis and report preparation.
• Assist in preparing waterway regulatory permitting applications permit preparation.
• Communicate with Environmental Team and other company staff to provide quality services.
Benefits & Flexibility
• Flex time available as workload allows
• Competitive salary and compensation structure
• Paid holidays and overtime
• Friendly, inclusive, supportive environment for both personal and professional growth
• Pet-friendly office environment