Position Description and Application Information
- GS-04: $32,283 (Step 01) to $41,967 (Step 10);
- GS-05: $36,118 (Step 01) to $46,953 (Step 10);
- GS-06: $40,262 (Step 01) to $52,341 (Step 10);
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Kansas Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Perform routine measurements of stage and discharge under a variety of field conditions applying established uniform methods.
- Computer and Check surface-water records from field data.
- Collect and process data to be used in computing stream discharge
Physical Demands: The work regularly requires considerable dexterity, agility, and strenuous physical exertion such as: climbing and/or working from tall ladders and scaffolding; work in areas where footing is treacherous such as slippery or icy river banks, steep rocky terrain, or fast-moving water; lifting heavy objects weighing 23 kilograms (50 pounds) or more, or crouching or crawling in restricted areas.
Work Environment: Office conditions do not require special safety precautions; field conditions may include extreme heat or cold, rain or snow, and hazardous conditions such as ice or flooding, or exposure to irritant or toxic chemicals. Work may require the use of special clothing or gear such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, respirators, or life jackets.