Finance, Compliance, and Data Management Analyst
Office of Technology Management
University of Illinois System – Chicago
The Finance, compliance, and data management analyst (Business Administrative Associate is responsible for assisting the unit in financial reporting needs for the Office of Technology Management (Chicago campus). Responsible for assisting for the business operations and functions including providing departmental activities related to finance, accounting, contractual agreements, reporting, resource allocation, royalty income distributions, license compliance issues, and other business matters.
- Responsible for processing of contractual obligations, payment vouchers, purchasing activities, and travel requests.
- Assist the unit with all journal voucher transactions for UIC reporting as well as year-end account reconciliation.
- Responsible for the reviewing, submitting and approving Purchase Orders which would include any investigative information that is needed for the process. Report all necessary communications to the Illinois Procurement Reporting.
- Initiate various University forms needed in performing the day-to-day functions of OTM. This includes a working knowledge of the University and State’s regulations to process travel vouchers, invoice vouchers, requisitions and stores vouchers.
- Responsible for the management, physical inventory and FABWeb tracking of OTM fixed assets.
- Collect, administer, and deposit the Report of Monies Received (RMR).
- Assist in preparing OTM budgets and related financial activities.
Compliance and Data management
- Develop, communicate, and implement policy/procedures and serve as a resource/liaison to Campus, University units and external parties and assist with evaluation of policy and compliance.
- Assist Technology Managers in interpreting University policies and rules and regulations related to licensing and agreements.
- Assist license compliance business operations. Conduct the accounting and management of compliance items for licensees.
- Organize and prepare reports for patent and license information to be used to aid the Technology Managers with the management of their cases, annual reports, surveys, and other areas as needed.
- Review and discuss the status of pending agreements with Technology Managers and facilitate new updates to routing agreements.
- Compile, analyze and maintain the OTM database pertaining to outstanding and executed agreements.
- Responsible for populating the OTM database and maintaining data integrity with all information pertaining to agreement.
- Responsible for creating Proceeds Distribution agreement (PDAs) and working with Units and Creators on their execution.
- Serve as the UIC OTM liaison with the University Contract Records Office and ensure that copies of all executed UIC OTM agreement are sent to the correct location for proper filing and retention by the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
- Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experience.
(NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.)
- Advanced degree or professional certification.
- Two or more years of relevant professional experience in academic or government.
- At least three years of progressive work experience in fiscal oversight as well as business functions
- Knowledge of BANNER, EDDIE, View Direct, P-Card, FabWeb and iBuy
- Prior knowledge of technology transfer and/or science and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University and with outside corporations and organizations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- High level of motivation to achieve outcomes.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by https://jobs.uic.edu/.
Please upload all valid certifications and transcripts within the document section of your online application.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If a degree or college coursework is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to email@example.com.
If your educational institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, they must mail the transcripts to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: CD8822 - Business/Administrative Associate - JKN
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Monday, October 25, 2021.
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.