Medical Insurance Representative
Full-Time Benefits Eligible
Office of Financial Affairs – College of Dentistry
University of Illinois Chicago
University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry (UIC COD), Office of Financial Affairs is seeking a reliable, enthusiastic, self-starting Medical Insurance Representative to join the Dentistry Billing team. This is a full time benefits eligible position.
The UIC College of Dentistry is a worldwide leader in oral health education, clinical care and research that is patient –centered and evidence-based. It is the largest oral health college in the State of Illinois and provides care for 30,000 patients a year.
The Medical Insurance Representative is responsible for ensuring all treatment is authorized by insurance for payment. The Medical Insurance Representative takes appropriate action to ensure all medical and dental claims are reviewed and submitted with appropriate CPT/CDT and diagnosis codes. This position may also assist in various revenue cycle operations including, but not limited to: insurance verification, benefit coordination, claim submission and processing insurance denials.
- Any one or any combination that equals six (6) months from the categories below: a) Experience within a health insurance/medical billing environment b) Medical billing certification from an accredited program (i.e., Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); National Healthcareer Association (NHA)) c) College coursework in insurance/benefits administration, human resource management, health information management, finance, accounting or closely related fields such as business administration and/or business management
- 30 semester hours equals (6) months
- 60 semester hours equals (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or higher equals (3) years (36 months)
- Demonstrated experience with medical-dental software systems (OneSource Passport and EPIC), medical diagnostic coding (ICD-10-CM), dental (CDT) and medical (CPT) procedure coding and applied terminology, and ability to gather data for financial reporting, create spreadsheets and provides statistical analysis.
The successful candidate has experience with CPT and ICD-10, familiar with third party payers including Medicaid and Delta Dental, knowledge of Microsoft Office and Axium software, ability to gather data for reporting, excellent customer service and excellent problem solving skills.
All full time benefits eligible positions include a comprehensive benefits package which include; Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & AD&D insurance, a defined benefit pension plan as well as paid leave which includes; Vacation, Holiday and Sick. In addition, we offer tuition waivers for employees and dependents. Click for a complete list of benefits at: https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/benefits.
To apply submit an online application and an exam request, please go to https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=141055 by April 6, 2021.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899