Medtronic’s $5,500 Health-Science-Engineering Scholarships Due March 1,2021
American Indian Employee Resource Group
2020-2021 Scholarship Program
The Medtronic American Indian Employee Resource Group (AIERG) is committed to helping advance the health and well-being of the American Indian population in the United States.
Historically, American Indians face a unique set of challenges in gaining access to a college education and are one of the most underrepresented groups both in college and in the degree-holding population. In 2019, the Medtronic AIERG created a scholarship program for students who want to earn a college degree and reach their educational goals. Our scholarships provide financial support to qualifying students who may be unable to afford the full price for program enrollment.
To qualify for this scholarship assistance program, students must meet the following criteria:
Eligible Degrees: Health and Sciences, Biomedical Engineering
- Applicant must be a first or second-generation college/university student.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must be accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at an accredited four-year college/university, and be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree.
Grade Point Average
Applicant must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Applicant must be: an enrolled citizen, or a descendant of an enrolled citizen, of a federal or state-recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or descendant from a Native Hawaiian; or Pacific Islander or descendant from Pacific Islander; or Indigenous person of Canada. Enrollment documents and/or a copy of birth certificate showing descendancy from an enrolled citizen, Indigenous group of Canada, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander are acceptable. Applicant may also, instead, provide a copy of their Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood (CDIB) card.
We kindly request that the applicant provide the following as part of their application:
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay regarding the first tenant of the Medtronic mission statement: To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
Read more about the Medtronic Mission, here.
- The Medtronic AIERG will award three scholarships in the amount of $5,500 U.S. dollars each.
- Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2021
- Scholarships will be awarded by April 24, 2021
To submit your application for the Medtronic AIERG scholarship program please enter your information here: