Extra Help – Program Assistant (Communications)
The University of Illinois at Chicago
The Honors College at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking an extra help Program Assistant (Communications). This is a temporary assignment and it is limited to 900 hours and non-benefits eligible. The rate of Pay is $22 per hour.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Provide support to Assistant Dean and other Deans as necessary performing professional support tasks.
- Assist with providing direction to the Honors College communication interns and help make decisions in directing the College’s social media efforts to enhance our web presence. Assists with maintaining internal and external communications; guides interns in the production of live social media coverage of events; stays current on social media and recommends changes in social media strategy.
- Assist with providing direction for the Honors College branding campaign, visual branding and online digital presence.
- Assist with the coordination of a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g. meetings, events, etc.) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion for the Honors College.
- Assist with the preparation of a variety of documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, reports, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information and/or creating documentation in compliance with established guidelines.
- Compile and analyze data and information, evaluate, and summarize findings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Educational background/experience in Marketing, Management, Communications, Business Administration for Operations, or related field preferred.
For additional details on the position and to apply go to the UIC job board at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=140367&job by the application deadline of February 7, 2021.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899.