The UIC Graduate College is accepting applications for the 2020-21 Diversifying Higher Education Faculty in Illinois Fellowship [DFI] Program. The goal of DFI Fellowship Program is to increase the number of minority full-time tenure track faculty and staff at Illinois’ two-year and four-year, public and private colleges and universities. Please click here for the 2020-21 DFI Fellowship Application . The application is also available via our DFI Fellowship webpage. The deadline to submit applications is Friday, February 14, 2020. The stipend ranges from $12,000-$15,000 per year-paid monthly during the AY. A tuition and partial fee waiver is included. The UIC Graduate College may submit up to 25 competitive new applications! Read the application carefully and please apply if you are eligible and if this fellowship will assist you in attaining your academic and professional goals! Please note that eligibility is determined by Illinois residency, underrepresented minority status, full time enrollment, academic ability, academic pursuit, and financial need.
If you’d like to learn more about the DFI Fellowship and how to submit a superbly competitive application, register to attend one of our: 2020-21 DFI Application Workshops here.
2020-21 DFI Fellowship Application Workshops [For New Applicants]
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 – 3:30-5 p.m., Room UH 650
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 – 2-3:30 p.m., Room UH 650
- Friday, January 31, 2020 – 12-1:30 p.m., Room UH 650
Applicants must save the fellowship application using the following naming convention:
Complete applications must include the following documents, preferably, as one single PDF:
- Official Letter of Acceptance [unconditional admission]
- 2020-21 DFI Application Form
- New Applicant Preliminary Questionnaire [On page 9 of the application]
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Voter Registration Card [copies are acceptable]
- Statement of Underrepresented Status
- Three Letters of Recommendation*
- Signed and Completed Application Form
- Signed and Completed Financial Form
- Official Transcripts [ No Copies] Sent to the applicant, scanned, & uploaded] w/ application
Once again may only be submitted via the Box.com email address 2020-21 New DFI Fellowship Application Submission Folder by Friday, February 14, 2020.
We look forward to your applications! If you have questions, please contact me directly. Do not forward this email.
Lunaire D. Ford, Ph.D.
Diversity & Recruitment
University of Illinois at Chicago