Course Scheduling: Fall classes begin on Monday, August 23. If you are teaching, please review the course title, date, and time in Course Explorer. If changes need to be made, please send them to Emily Knox by Wednesday, August 18. A COVID-19 FAQ is available for your reference.
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Fall career fairs: There will be several campus career fairs this fall. Please note the following days and times when students may be attending these events:
- Wednesday, September 8, 12:00-6:00 p.m., Grainger Engineering Fall 2021 Virtual Full Time Career Fair
- Friday, September 10, 12:00-6:00 p.m., Gies Business Virtual Fair
- Tuesday, September 14, 12:00-3:00 p.m., Illinois Part-Time Job Fair
- Tuesday, September 14, 12:00-6:00 p.m., Gies Business Virtual Fair
- Wednesday, September 15, 12:00-6:00 p.m., Grainger Engineering Fall 2021 Virtual Internship Career Fair
- Thursday, September 16, 12:00-6:00 p.m., Gies Business Virtual Fair
- Friday, September 17, 12:00-6:00 p.m., Gies Business Virtual Fair
- Tuesday, September 21, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., LAS Statistics and Math Virtual Career Forum
- Wednesday, September 22, 6:00-9:00 p.m., AHS & DIA Virtual Career Fair
- Thursday, September 23, 12:00-6:00 p.m., ACES + LAS Virtual Career Fair
- Friday, September 24, 12:00-5:00 p.m., School of Information Sciences Virtual Career Fair
- Wednesday, September 29, 2:00-6:00 p.m., Illinois International Student Career Fair
Responsible Data Science and AI speaker series: Held on Fridays from 9:00-10:00 a.m., this series addresses topics such as explainability, reproducibility, biases, data curation and governance, and privacy. It is hosted by CIRSS and co-organized by Jana Diesner and Nigel Bosch. Please refer to the series website for the schedule of upcoming speakers.
- Graduate students across campus who would like deeper engagement with this topic can sign up for the online course, Responsible Data Science and AI (IS 597RDA).
Fall course spaces: These spaces will be open to students on Monday, August 16. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Moodle/Canvas consultations: The ITD team is available for consultations to help with course design/set up, gradebook, etc. Please contact the Help Desk to set up a consultation.
Sponsored Programs Administration: Beginning with the current fiscal year, SPA will begin monitoring late submissions and making note of which units/departments are routinely late. Please remember SPA must receive final proposals four business days prior to the sponsor deadline. Late submissions could mean proposals may likely NOT receive a full review. iSchool faculty are expected to be good research community citizens and abide by the policy to avoid any complications that might arise from consistently late submissions by the School as a whole. If you have any questions about SPA submission deadlines, please contact Research Services.