The first walkthrough of Hub Champaign Daniel was completed on January 21. Photos of the building site demonstrate progress to date, highlighting interior and exterior construction as well as campus views from the 4th and 5th floors.
Furniture selection is underway in collaboration with Stocks Office Furniture, the Office of the Provost, and the architect, Antunovich Associates. The plan is to offer faculty and staff a basic furniture package with options for functional add-ons. This package will be complemented by furniture repurposed from iSchool offices at 505 E. Green Street and 616 E. Green Street, the latter of which is currently occupied by Informatics. The overarching goal is to provide good stewardship for existing iSchool funds and resources, while ensuring flexibility based on individual needs. The new furniture selections should be completed in late February or early March.
Input gathered from faculty and staff will be used to allocate office assignments in the new building, followed by furniture selections that take into account office size and possible layouts as illustrated in the floor plans. The organization of iSchool units between the new and current buildings will include:
• Hub Champaign Daniel 4th floor: Student Affairs, Recruitment & Admissions, Information Technology, and a Help Desk.
• Hub Champaign Daniel 5th floor: Research Services, CIRSS, and HTRC.
◦ Note: There will be faculty offices, meeting rooms, and labs on both the 4th and 5th floors.
• 501 E. Daniel: Dean's Office, Front Office, Academic Affairs, Advancement & Alumni Affairs, Business & Finance, Communications, Human Resources, CCB, and a Help Desk.
◦ Note: The building also will house faculty offices, meeting rooms, and labs.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact email@example.com.