We are delighted to announce the selected participants for the 2023 Professional Staff Leadership Academy (PSLA). PSLA is designed to foster a culture of dynamic and transformational leadership for academic professional and professional civil service staff throughout the University of Illinois System.
The PSLA Steering Committee reviewed over 80 applications this year, making it a very competitive process and a challenge to select just 20 participants. Please join us in congratulating the following individuals who will participate in this year’s program.
- Dr. Ellen Wang Althaus, IDEA Institute, Engineering Administration
- Dr. Cristina Álvarez-Mingote, Center for Social and Behavioral Science
- Elizabeth Chominski, GIES College of Business
- Meg Dickinson, Beckman Institute
- Brian Jacobson, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Integrated Bioprocessing Research Lab (IBRL)
- Linda K. Lee Drozt, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation
- Amie Loyd, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- Dr. Subha Srinivasan, Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology
- Jeanette Agustin, College of Medicine, Dermatology
- Dr. Natalie Bennett, Women's Leadership and Resource Center
- Benjamin Dohner, UI Hospital, Department of Information Services
- Edward Drogos, College of Nursing, Population Health Nursing Science
- Sharon Hayes, College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs, Public Administration
- Odell M. Richmond, Jr., UIC Human Resources
- Justin Wier, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Student Academic Affairs
- Rebekah Grosboll, Public Affairs and Administration
- Dr. Tarah Sweeting-Trotter, Center for Academic Success and Advising
- Marissa Brooke Brewer, Office of External Relations and Communications
- Dale J. Morrison, Esq., Procurement Diversity
- Alice Seaton, University Bursar
The program consists of four sessions that will take place in Springfield, Chicago, Urbana-Champaign, and Allerton Park & Retreat Center, Monticello.
Thank you to all who participated in the process this year. We strongly encourage the many talented individuals who were not selected this year to apply again in the future.
Jami Painter, Senior Associate Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
University of Illinois System