The Clarkson McNair Scholars Program offers a 10-week summer research program with a stipend, plus a room and board package totaling more than $6,000. Other benefits of the McNair Program include workshops designed to explore the graduate school application process, GRE prep classes, graduate school visits, faculty and peer mentoring and opportunities to present your research locally and at national conferences. Our goal is to help students successfully pursue a graduate degree. The estimated value of this program can total over $8,000 per student!
Dates of this years program is May 23 - July 29 2022
McNair Application Requirements-
- strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree
- sophomore or junior undergraduate in a science or engineering discipline at the time of application
- matriculated student pursuing a baccalaureate degree at an institution of higher education
- cumulative grade-point average of 2.8 or higher S citizen or permanent U.S. resident or in the
- U.S for other than a temporary purpose (must provide evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of intent to become a permanent resident)
- first-generation college student from a low-income background or underrepresented group (African American, Native American, Hispanic American)
- live in Potsdam, N.Y., for the duration of the summer program and submit a complete application packet postmarked by the deadline date
For more information go to www.clarkson.edu/McNair or email Debbie ~ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note - Clarkson's McNair program does allow students from different institutions to participate.