Grainger Engineering Graduate Programs
Grainger Engineering is one of the world's top-ranked engineering colleges. Our students, faculty, and alumni set the standard for excellence. We drive the economy, reimagine engineering education, and bring revolutionary ideas to the world.
To learn more about Grainger Engineering graduate programs, join us for the virtual 2021 Multicultural Engineering Recruitment for Graduate Education (MERGE) Event on September 24, 2021, 2:00-5:30 pm central time.
During this event, you will learn about applying to graduate school, funding your studies, and becoming a successful researcher. You will also hear from current students, faculty, and graduate programs staff, and will be able to engage in live Q&A sessions. Following the event, there will be additional opportunities to virtually visit with your program of interest.
MERGE participants are eligible for an application fee waiver when applying to a Grainger Engineering graduate program and are automatically awarded $700 of professional development funds if they matriculate in a Grainger Engineering graduate program.
To apply to the MERGE program you must be:
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled or recently completed an accredited curriculum in engineering, computer science, or physics.
Preference will be given to individuals who will be graduating in the coming year, with a GPA of 3.2 or higher (on a 4.0 point scale), and individuals whose cultural background will increase the diversity of the graduate student body - for example, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latina/Latino/Latinx, Native American or Alaska Native, Other Pacific Islander, women, or persons with disabilities.
To receive full consideration, the materials listed below should be submitted no later than August 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM CDT.
As part of the application, you will need to submit:
- An unofficial transcript.
- A statement (no more than 2 pages) addressing your plans for graduate study, including research interests, career goals, relevant coursework completed, and other educational experiences.
- A detailed resume that outlines research experiences, internships, publications, and leadership experiences.
All questions about the MERGE Program can be sent to Grainger Engineering’s Office of Graduate, Professional & Online Programs at email@example.com.