Research Experiences for Undergraduates at UC Irvine
Center for Complex and Active Materials
Program dates: June 25 – August 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023
APPLY ONLINE: https://ccam.uci.edu/education-and-outreach/materials-reu/
• 8-weeks of research experience
• Hands-on research guided by faculty mentors and graduate students
• Graduate school preparation workshops
• Guest speakers and lab tours
• Unique opportunity to learn about the societal impact of materials research and opportunities available at UCI
• $4,800 stipend
• On-campus housing (must be 18 years or older) and meals
• Complex concentrated materials: The science of interfaces in metal and ceramic materials to guide design and processing of next-generation structural and functional materials.
• Bioinspired Active Materials: Development of conductive active materials, where assembly is fueled by chemical, electrical, and other stimuli, for bio-interfaces and biological computing.
• Both research domains include: Machine learning, atomistic modeling, molecular dynamics, interfacial thermodynamics, and in situ electron microscopy.
QUESTIONS? Contact us at email@example.com