Below you will find resources related to the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP). Numerous resources come directly from the policies and procedures implemented by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
- IFSP Pages - Writeable (not in Cornerstone)
- IFSP Policy and Procedure in Illinois (CFC Manual)
- IFSP Development Activities (Provider Handbook)
- Reading an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) (EICBO Provider booklet)
- Illinois EI System Overview Resource Modules on the IFSP
Developing High-Quality Functional Outcomes:
- Developing Family-Centered Outcomes with Your EI Team
- IFSP & Outcome Development Resources
- Quick Reference Guide - Want to Write a Good IFSP Outcome?
- Resources for Writing Good IFSP Outcomes
- Tips and Techniques for Developing Participation-Based IFSP Outcome Statements
- The EI IFSP Process Flowchart
- IFSP-Outcomes Integration
- Interactive Guide to Implementing an Integrated Child and Family Outcomes and IFSP/IEP Process
- Integrating Child and Family Outcomes into the IFSP Process
- Integrating Outcomes Learning Community Webinar
- Ways To Use Evaluation/Asssessment Information In The IFSP Process
- IFSP Video: Bri, Her Family, and Early Intervention
IFSP Pages - Writeable (not in Cornerstone)
The links below are to the English and Spanish versions of the updated IFSP pages not in Cornerstone, which are editable or "writable" in Microsoft Word. Also, please note that Section 7. Implementation and Distribution Authorization language has been updated to accommodate the ability of the team to consult with other IFSP team members more efficiently and without separate, specific consents per provider. Additionally, the Spanish version has been completed (all pages translated, including the ones in Cornerstone) and for your convenience, pages are presented separately and as one document.
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) outlines the policy and procedures around Early Intervention IFSPs in Chapter 12 of the CFC Procedure Manual.
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) defines IFSP development in Chapter 5.6 of the Illinois EI Provider Handbook.
Reading an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
Page 4 of the IDHS Early Intervention Central Billing Office (EI-CBO) Billing Information for Providers - July 2013 (PDF) provides on overview about reading the IFSP and how the IFSP relates to authorizations and the statewide management information system called Cornerstone.
Illinois EI System Overview Resource Modules on the IFSP
Online training modules from the Illinois Early Intervention System Overview Training are provided below as a resource for individuals to review as needed.
Developing High-Quality Functional Outcomes
El desarrollo de metas centradas en la familia con su equipo de E.I.
This EI Note from the Early Intervention Clearinghouse provides an overview of family-centered outcomes, such what they are, why they are important and what they look like.
The Virginia Early Intervention Professional Development Center (VEIPD) provides articles, tools, and more to support IFSP and outcomes development.
©2016 by Partnership for People with Disabilities
Supported by the Integrated Training Collaborative (ITC) with funding support from the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS), this document provides a quick overview of questions to ask yourself and reminders to consider while writing IFSP outcomes.
The Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTAC) provides a variety of national resources to support teams writing IFSP outcomes.
This BriefCASE contains tips, tools, techniques, and examples to assist early interventionists in understanding how to write family-centered IFSP outcome statements.
Document from ECTA that provides detailed steps in the early intervention process including identification and referral, intake and family assessment, child evaluation and assessment, IFSP development, and service delivery and transition.
IFSP-Outcomes Integration Resources
A tool to help early interventionists use evaluation/assessment information in the IFSP process keeping in mind who we serve, what we do, where we do it, how we do it, who helps, how often it's done, and how we know it is achieved.
EITP developed an IFSP video that walks with a family through the development of the Individualized Family Service Plan. The video is titled "Bri, Her Family, and Early Intervention" and it has been broken down into a series of chapters that highlight the team discussions that occur during IFSP development.