Below you will find the links related to information notices issued by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Bureau of Early Intervention and links to the mandatory IDHS reporting for Illinois Early Intervention.
Additional updates and resources are also found on the EITP COVID-19 Resources and the IDHS Stakeholder Updates page.
Please visit the IDHS Reporting page to find the following reports:
Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of all notices and news for providers. For a list of early intervention announcements in addition to IDHS notices, please visit the Provider Connections News Posts website.
Most Recent Notices
- Special Announcement - Illinois Early Intervention Extended Services for CFCs and Providers PDF - October 28, 2021
- Special Announcement - Illinois Early Intervention Extended Services for Families PDF - October 28, 2021
- Urgent Notice - Update of IMPACT Contact Information by September 15, 2021 PDF - August 25, 2021
- FFY 2021 Illinois Annual Part C Grant Application
- Important: Update to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Early Intervention Teletherapy - 04/05/20 PDF - April 5, 2020
- Additional FAQs - EI COVID-19 Policy/Procedures - 3/23/20 PDF - March 23, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers -Early Intervention COVID-19 Policy/Procedures PDF - March 19, 2020
- Early Intervention COVID-19 Policy/Procedures - Assistive Technology Requests PDF - March 19, 2020
- Early Intervention COVID-19 Guidance PDF - March 16, 2020
- Update to Social Work and Other Counseling Evaluation/Assessment Code PDF - September 11, 2019
- Update to Rate Increase Effective with Dates of Service 07/01/19 PDF - July 9, 2019
- SFY20 Rate Increase Announcement PDF - July 1, 2019
- Provider Notice - Changes to Evaluation/Assessment Codes for Early Intervention DTs, OTs, and PTs Effective 01/01/19 PDF - December 18, 2018 (Amended December 19 & 21, 2018)
- Provider Notice - Inactivations due to No Authorizations or Claims PDF -August 28, 2017
- Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2017- Annual State Grant Application -February 21, 2017
- 2017 Annual Update to the Therapy Code List PDF -January 10, 2017
- Revised Illinois Early Intervention Provider Handbook PDF - December 1, 2016
- Revised Early Intervention Assessment Instruments PDF- July 18, 2016
- Illinois State Systemic Plan (SSIP) – Phase II that was submitted for approval to the Office of Special Education Program (OSEP) on March 30, 2016. PDF - March 31, 2016
- FAQ on "Insurance" portion of CFC Procedure Manual PDF - March 3, 2016
- FAQ on "Evaluation and Assessment" portion of CFC Procedure Manual PDF - December 15, 2015
- Notice to Providers regarding Evaluation-Assessment Clarification – November 20, 2015
- ICD Code Conversion (Provider Informational Notice) PDF - September 29, 2015
- Part C Illinois Annual Performance Report for SY14 (07/01/13-06/30/14) PDF - March 2015
- Provider Notice - Early Intervention Services Based on Scientific Based Research PDF - June 2012 - This Early Intervention provider notice is an Addendum to the Early Intervention Service Descriptions, Billing Codes and Rates (Provider Handbook) (pdf) to inform Early Intervention providers about new guidance regarding early intervention services.
- Audiology Evaluations and Early Intervention: Clarification of Billable Services PDF - March 10, 2011 - This notice is to clarify early intervention (EI) evaluation and assessment services performed by audiologists that are billable to the Early Intervention Services System.
- Part C Illinois Annual Performance Report - 07/01/09-06/20/10 PDF - January 2011 -The federal fiscal year (FFY) 2009 Early Intervention (Part C) Annual Performance Report (APR) provides target data for the state and its 25 Child and Family Connections (CFC) offices for the time period of July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 and responsive APR information for all indicators. Information to address actions required by the Office of Special Education letter in response to the Illinois' February 2010 APR has been included.
- Part C State Performance Plan 2005-2012 PDF - February 2011 - The Illinois State Performance Plan (SPP) is the culmination of an ongoing process of performance measurement and strategic planning for the Illinois Early Intervention (EI) Program. Throughout this document, you will read how the program has made good use of data for analysis, problem solving, policy development, and planning.
- Clarification of Existing Policy/Procedure Regarding Developmental Services Provided by Speech Language Pathologists to Children Eligible for Early Intervention PDF- November 2010
- Clarification on the Use of the Developmental Justification of Need Guidelines and Worksheet PDF - May 2010- Online module titled "Natural Environments & the Developmental Justification of Need Requirement can be found by searching the "Training" page