This page contains resources related to the Illinois Statewide Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP).
This site has past and present Illinois State Systemic Improvement Plans (SSIPs) for the state of Illinois' Department of Human Services Bureau of Early Intervention. Reports are submitted to the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education (OSEP) responsible for the supervision of early intervention programs across the US. Includes plans for Phase 1 and 2, as well a report for Phase 3.
- Theory of Change (pdf) - a visual representation of the SSIP
- Theory of Action (pdf) - a visual representation of the overall ideas related to SSIP activities and evaluation components
- SSIP Workgroup Timeline (September 2016) (pdf) - a list of all the activities in the plan, prioritize implementation, keep you apprised of progress, and celebrate accomplishments. The color coding in the document indicates which workgroup will be addressing the activities.
- Blue = PD/TA workgroup
- Pink = Leadership team workgroup
- Green = Performance support workgroup
- Yellow = Messaging workgroup
- Purple = work spearheaded by the Bureau
- SSIP Report of Year 1 (Phase 3 report) with Appendices *NEW*- This report was submitted to OSEP on March 29, 2017. It includes an overview of last year’s evaluation activities, measures and outcomes, as well as our progress in implementing the activities, the data we used to review the evaluation plan, and our plans for next year.
SSIP Phase 3 Quarterly Summaries
The Illinois State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) Phase 3 Summary is a colorful and easy to read PDF that includes quarterly updates on the SSIP during Phase 3.
This online training module from the Early Intervention Training Program allows participants to learn more about the Illinois SSIP. This short presentation provides highlights from Phase 1 of the Plan, describes the work completed during Phase 2, and outlines what will be occurring during Phase 3. Also discussed are the identified coherent improvement strategies, partners involved, supports for implementation and goals of the evaluation plan.