WellTrack, an app that offers a suite of online tools and courses to help students identify, understand and address mental health issues they are having is now available to all Illinois students. WellTrack, which employs aspects of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, offers a mood tracker, modules that teach students about managing anxiety and depression, and useful tools such as meditations and reminders for users to include enjoyable activities in their days.
To access WellTrack:
- Download the app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Once in the WellTrack app, enter your Illinois email address and click Continue.
- Enter your university NetID and password and click Login.
- In the resulting screen, click Done (located bottom left).
- You can also access the WellTrack via the web at WellTrack.com with your Illinois email and password.
Below are additional resources available to students to help support mental wellness. These can be used alone to enhance your mental health self-care or in conjunction with counseling services and can be accessed via the hyperlinks in the resource titles.
- Counseling Center Skill-Building Series—The Counseling Center regularly offers workshops that give you powerful tools to develop resiliency and goal achievement skills. Topics include overcoming perfectionism, managing time, overcoming difficult emotions, improving focus, and using mindfulness to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Kognito At-Risk—This interactive, online training allows you to practice what you would say if you are concerned about a friend or classmate who is showing signs of mental distress. It then provides resources you can connect them to for help.
- Mindwise Mental Health Screenings—These brief, online screenings assess for concerns such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, substance misuse, and eating disorders. The screenings can be a good first step to determine if counseling may be something to consider.