Last Updated: August 25, 2021
Please check back regularly for updates.
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) is committed to safely supporting students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during these unprecedented times.
As has always been the case, your health and safety will continue to be our greatest consideration when planning office programs and events. You can expect to see more in-person programs and events from OUR as we welcome more of you back to campus in the fall. However, we will continue to offer virtual services for most of our programs as well.
We strongly encourage you to reference the University of Illinois’ COVID-19 webpage to ensure you have the most up-to-date safety information and guidelines. In May 2021, the Office of Undergraduate Research also published updated guidelines for undergraduate researchers and mentors which we encourage you to review: COVID-19 Guidelines for Undergraduate Researchers.
AY2021/22 OUR Programs & Events:
- Workshops: We will offer both virtual and in-person dates for all of our workshops. In-person workshops will operate at a reduced capacity (15 students).
- Advising Appointments:
- All one-on-one meetings with ambassadors will be conducted virtually over Zoom.
- One-on-one meetings with OUR staff will be offered both virtually and in-person.
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program (URAP): URAP will be held in-person for the Fall and Spring.
- Illinois Undergraduate Research Ambassadors Program: Monthly meetings & presentation events will be held in-person
- 2022 Undergraduate Research Week and the Symposium: We currently plan on the 2022 URW and URS being held in-person.
OUR will again offer Research Support and Conference Travel Grants. However, all research and travel funded by OUR grants must be conducted safely and in accordance with guidelines and policies set by the University of Illinois.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.